...

A collection of culture, people, and events of the North

Let's Help Baby Gaia Fights these Several Diagnosis


August 3, 2012, baby Gaia was born. She looks very healthy and active. Though she sleeps a lot, Gaia still interacts with us whenever she’s awake. She was a joy to our family. Everything was fine. On August 7 2012, we noticed a change in her behaviour. She was irritable with poor appetite. She was having fever at 39 degrees Celsius. We immediately brought her to the hospital and the physician advised us to
let the baby stay for a couple of days for observation. Laboratory tests were done and Gaia was diagnosed with Septicemia and Hyperbilirubinemia. She was given medications and she was also placed under Phototherapy to prevent further development of her jaundice. After 7 days in the hospital, she was getting better. I was so relieved.
Everything went back to normal after Gaia’s confinement. She was interacting with us again and seems to be healthy. However, after a few days, I knew she was not feeling well. Her cry was very different and she had poor appetite. I was very worried so we brought her to the emergency room. Our paediatrician said that she was having seizure attacks. She was confined for observation while the doctors try to figure out the cause of her illness. This is her second confinement. At 26 days old, I just can imagine all the pain she is going through with all those injections, extractions, and tubes on her body. But I have to be strong for her.
The initial test done was blood test and culture. She was negative for Bacterial Meningitis. But the cause is still unknown. For 5 days, my baby’s seizure attacks are still persistent. Gaia was given anti-epileptic medication to control her attacks. September 2, at approximately 11 in the evening, the nurse was supposed to give her oral medication for her seizure attack. When she was about to wake her up, my baby was not responding. I was alarmed. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to cry but I told myself to be strong. After a few minutes, her heart rate was increasing up to 200 beats and she was again having seizures. They called our paediatrician and neurologist and they ordered for a CT scan. It revealed that she had a stroke. She is diagnosed to have a Cerebral Infarction or inflammation of the brain, causing other organs to be affected since a part of her brain cells was damaged. My heart was breaking when I was informed. I just want to stop all the pain and the hurt my baby was feeling. She was transferred to the ICU for close monitoring. Every hour something not good was happening to her. She is now on a respiratory ventilator and feeds through a tube on her mouth. Gaia had undergone a second CT scan to see if her medications were working. Unfortunately, the inflammation of her brain is getting worse, covering all the spaces causing her to have difficulty of breathing. She also developed Neonatal Pneumonia since she is now open to infection because of the tubes inserted on her. A Comprehensive Metabolic Profile was ordered by our physician to check for Metabolic Disorders. A sample of her urine was sent to a laboratory in Manila and the result will be forwarded to us after 14 business days. She was tested for the 5 most common Neonatal Congenital Defects at birth and results came back negative. Our neurologist thinks that she falls under the other Congenital Disease, which is a rare case of illness. I know that my baby’s doctors are doing their best. Of course, laboratory tests are performed every now and then to see if there are improvements. Aside from that, Gaia is also undergoing blood transfusion since she is bleeding internally.
As a mother, I really pray that all the pain she is feeling right now would end. I pray for her to wake up and see her beautiful smile. She is my angel. She is our happiness. Gaia has been struggling for her life for almost 2 weeks now. I believe in my heart that she is a fighter. She can overcome all of these, with the help of our prayers and faith in God.
Emotionally and financially, we are already drained. Her hospital bills and expenses are increasing everyday. We would like to thank you wholeheartedly for your donations, support, and most importantly your prayers. It really means a lot to us. Please help us save the life of our baby. God bless your kind heart.

To show support please click this link, give your donations and share this information.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...